Job Title: Operations Assistant/Engineer
Hours: Full-time, 40 hours/week
Wage range: $31-37/hr DOE
Location: Nome, AK
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred
- 3-5 years’ experience in radio, with emphasis on Nautel transmitters and RCS/Wheatstone equipment
- Affinity for and understanding of life in Western Alaska
- Ability to support KNOM’s mission and values
- Demonstrated excellent collaborative skills
Brief Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees maintenance of KNOM facilities – radio station, AM transmitter site, Anchorage office
- Host on-air shift, dj based on KNOM’s formatting of radio programming and broadcast content.
- Ensures on-air content meets FCC guidelines (including regular compliance checks, filing quarterly issues, etc) and KNOM Radio Mission standards.
- Adhere to and execute the KNOM Strategic Plan regarding operations and facilities in conjunction with general manager’s vision
- Orientation training and on-board new hires with needed technology, equipment, and software.
- Work with KNOM Engineer Van Craft to update and maintain Nautel transmitter, studio equipment, other hardware
- Perform technical production engineering for special events, remote broadcasts and contracted productions as necessary
- Assist colleagues with unscheduled/emergency broadcasts and help staff with regular technical/operations support
- Other duties as assigned
To apply, send a complete cover letter and resume to:
KNOM General Manager, Iñuraaq Kaylene Evans at email@example.com.
KNOM’s mission statement: “Encountering Christ, embracing culture, empowering growth, and engaging the listener.”
As the oldest operating Catholic radio station in the country, KNOM values being a friend and companion, providing respectful service based on Catholic ideals. We’re KNOM. Yours for Western Alaska.
KNOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).