Job Opening: Programmer/Producer
Hours: Full-time, hourly, 40 hours/week
Wage range: $28.00-$34.00/hr
Location: Nome, AK
Opening/Closing: Job posted Aug. 31, 2022; open until filled
The Nome-based Programmer/Producer coordinates KNOM’s broadcast, ensuring all music, PSA’s, and programs are consistent with KNOM’s mission and values and are presented creatively, professionally and sustainably. The Programmer/Producer is the supervisor of KNOM’s announcers, including staff and community DJs. The Operations Manager supervises Program staff. This is and hourly, full-time position. Wage range is $28.00 – $34.00/hr., depending on experience and education. Benefits include health insurance, paid time off, 403B retirement plan.
- Bachelor’s degree required; equivalent experience considered.
- 2-3 years professional broadcasting experience preferred.
- Affinity for rural Alaska.
- Excellent written and speaking skills.
- Experience with audio production utilizing Adobe Audition and ZETTA software.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team with a small core staff and volunteers.
- Alignment with KNOM mission and values.
- Ability to learn operation of all broadcast equipment in the KNOM station building.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise non-news production activities including selection, production, and rotation of KNOM inspirational/educational PSA’s, produced shows and music library.
- Deejay as scheduled – this includes recording/preparing updated weather and announcements.
- Maintain, uphold and promote station format and programming; Ensure online content is prepared appropriately and on time.
- Oversee, train, coach and coordinate scheduling for announcers.
- Manage RCS digital software, including generating and maintaining daily log activity, scheduler and software updates.
- Outreach to Western Alaska region to improve cultural and local connections with programming, such as with students and elders and through travel to communities.
- Some evening, weekend and holiday work may be required.
- Other duties as assigned.
To apply, send the following documents to Davis Hovey, Interim General Manager at email@example.com:
- Cover letter
- 3 Professional references
Upon offer of employment, applicants must be willing to go through a background check.
To read or download the full job description as a PDF document, click here.
An Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer
KNOM Mission Radio does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ancestry, color, national origin, gender, age, disability, marital or family status, sexual orientation, gender identity in admission or access to the treatment of employment in its programs and activities as required by state and federal law.
KNOM’s Mission: Encountering Christ, Embracing Culture, Empowering Growth and Engaging the Listener.
KNOM’s Values: Being a friend and companion while providing respectful service based on Catholic ideals.