Job Opening: General Manager
Position: General Manager
Salary range: $95,000 per year
Location: Nome, AK
This leadership position oversees the 501(c)3 nonprofit and reports to the Board of Directors. KNOM broadcasts AM and FM radio serving Western Alaska for over 50 years with a mission of “encountering Christ, embracing culture, empowering growth, and engaging the listener.” KNOM is a Catholic radio station known for community programming and promoting the rich regional cultures.
- Engage with the community for strong partnerships, collaboration, and volunteers.
- Oversee the station and programming to meet the needs of communities and listenerswhile ensuring compliance with FCC regulations.
- Implement strategic plan focusing on regional involvement and supporting on-air work.
- Assist in annual budgeting and maintaining donor-underwriter relationships.
- Oversee maintenance of KNOM properties, equipment, and physical/digital archives.
- Lead and train staff and volunteers on KNOM’s mission, values, and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree with five years of public relations or broadcast experience.
- Media production with good writing skills and communication abilities.
- Knowledge of and respect for Bering Strait region cultures, community engagement,and Catholic faith.
- Awareness of FCC rules and regulations for a non-profit radio station.
- Prefer managerial experience in Nome and the Bering Strait Region with fundraisingand budgeting skills.
Starting salary of $95,000 per year and may be increased based upon qualifications. Benefits include: medical, dental, vision and life insurance; vacation; retirement plan (optional); and vehicle use.
To Apply: Email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more and apply by submitting a cover letter and resume with at least three professional references.
An Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer
KNOM Mission Radio does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ancestry, color, national origin, gender, age, disability, marital or family status, sexual orientation, gender identity in admission or access to the treatment of employment in its programs and activities as required by state and federal law.