Job Opening: Communications Director
Position: Communications Director
Hours: Full-time, hourly, 40 hours/week
Wage range: $28-35/hr
Location: Nome, AK
The communications director is responsible for KNOM’s brand, marketing and outreach, in collaboration with the General Manager and other staff. This person produces the mission’s marketing and outreach materials, including the monthly newsletter, website and social media posts, ads, and merchandise. This person also assists the general manager in recruitment, particularly in outreach to prospective employees and interns.
This is an hourly, full-time position in a flexible, collaborative work environment. Wage range is $28.00-$35.00 per hour, depending on experience and education. Benefits include health insurance, 403(b) retirement match, PTO, and professional development opportunities that align with organizational needs and employee goals.
- Must possess effective communication and reading/writing skills, and excellent organizing and record keeping skills
- Must have 2 years of experience in digital marketing and design
- Ability to use or learn WordPress, Zetta, Mail Chimp, Adobe Lightroom, InDesign, and Canva
- Affinity for Western Alaska and support for KNOM’s mission, vision and values
- Experience writing communications in support of fundraising efforts and/or working for a Catholic or other faith based nonprofit preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field is preferred
Brief Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create, edit, and post online content in coordination with news, programming, and development departments, according to KNOM’s brand standards
- Maintain and update website regularly, and utilizing outside contractors as needed
- Write monthly newsletter for KNOM’s donor audience in collaboration with development director, publishing the newsletter in print and web formats.
- Maintain annual crisis communication plan, together with general manager and management staff
- Plan and execute social media campaigns and efforts, in collaboration with other staff
- Manage KNOM brand and collateral consistency to include, but not limited to logos, stationary, signature blocks and digital and print publications
- Training staff in web and communication standards, including brand and voice
- Assist general manager in outreach, with some potential travel within the state required
- Track and share online impact, feedback, and trends with appropriate staff and board
- Other duties as assigned
To apply: send cover letter, resume and three references to email@example.com
KNOM’s mission statement: “Encountering Christ, embracing culture, empowering growth, and engaging the listener.”
As the oldest operating Catholic radio station in the country, KNOM values being a friend and companion, providing respectful service based on Catholic ideals. We’re KNOM. Yours for Western Alaska.
KNOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO).