Hazard averted

New electrical outlet

Last week, KNOM volunteer Eva DeLappe and volunteer engineer Rolland Trowbridge saved our radio studio.

A GFCI outlet in an upstairs bathroom malfunctioned and began shooting sparks, scorching a nearby wall. Eva contacted Rolland, who turned off the electricity and replaced the outlet. (The new outlet is pictured above.)

If Eva and Rolland had not been on hand and acted quickly, the KNOM studio building, along with the partially completed digital studios, would have burned to the ground.

We can’t thank enough the staff and volunteers whose work, vigilance, and focus continue to make our mission possible – sometimes, by keeping a sharp eye for hazards.